Mina Counsel
Mina Counsel, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister
109424057

My daughter was booked to fly from Heathrow to LA via

Customer Question

My daughter was booked to fly from Heathrow to LA via Vancouver today. She was firstly told her PCR was not correct for Canada. She ran to get one, only to be told what she had was fine. She was continued ….
JA: Has she talked to a lawyer about this? What country does she live in?
Customer: She was then asked to show her vaccine evidence, one was done in LA, the other in the UK. She could not load the app and they started harassing for her to call our UK GP. She was ridiculed by Airline staff and then a woman overheard the trauma and detained her. She was interrogated. My daughter studied and was resident in the US whilst she studied at Yale. She came home when her studies finished. The interrogator called her a liar. My daughter has made several trips to the US as she is engaged to a young man she met whilst studying. They have applied for the appropriate visa for marriage. She was humiliated! Now, she has had to book a new flight, at an additional cost and had to book a hotel. I’m sure there is much more, but basically, she had done nothing wrong and is really upset and so anxious that she’ll even get to fly tomorrow. Do we have any legal right here please?
JA: What steps has she taken so far?
Customer: Nothing, she’s just crying in a hotel room.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That’s all I know for now.
Expert:  Mina Counsel replied 11 days ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I am a London based practising barrister with over 15 years experience. I am happy to assist you today. I may need to ask you some questions in order to determine your legal position and I will provide you with an email advice on the same day.  Thank you.

There will be an automatic generated phone call offer should you wish to speak to me directly for a fixed fee with no time limit.  Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.

(Please note this is NOT always an instant chat service therefore I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you the same day. / within 24 hours if it's outside office hours.)

I am so sorry to hear about what happened to your daughter.  Who detained her?  Was she denied boarding by the airline?

Expert:  Mina Counsel replied 9 days ago.

If your daughter was denied boarding with no good reason, she can seek compensation against the airline under the EC261/2004 regulations.  Hope this helps.