Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Can you tell me if I am within the 6 year window to apply to

Customer Question

Good evening, can you tell me if I am within the 6 year window to apply to the small claims court for £2004 owed from 22 January 2016 and
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London...and an additional amount for £650..
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, is it too late to begin a request, is there a time limit for ADR?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thank you.
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 19 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

You are still within the window but only just given the 6 year limit is in 2 months.

Therefore i strongly recommend you instruct a commercial solicitors advice in respect of bringing court action which is very close the limitation.

Do you understand what i have stated so far?

Do you understand

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I do but I would prefer to try ADR...is there a time limit for that,
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have had advice from CAB, have filled in most of forms, but have always felt stressed, as the experience 2015/6 was intimidating. I cannot afford a solicitor, so simply wish to know if there is a time limit on trying ADR route?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** try CAB.

Ok, you can try CAB. That said the link below takes you to price comparison for lawyers. Here you can find a solicitor that suits your budget.

There are different types of ADR, and some don't have a time limit but the one time limit you should keep to is the deadline to start court action which is 22.01.2022.

The Law Superstore | Find and Compare Costs for Lawyers

I hope i have clarified the position.

Thanks and have a good night.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 18 days ago.

Your welcome