marcusmalin
marcusmalin,
66642005

I recently made a tiktok video which has received a lot of

Customer Question

I recently made a tiktok video which has received a lot of views, the video includes photos of me and a boy followed by messages to me from
his girlfriend but her name is ***** ***** has since told me he is going to the police as he didn’t give permission to post the photos even though I am in them and they’re in a public place, as well as his girlfriend not giving permission to share her messages from instagram, am i within the law?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
this is the video
Expert:  marcusmalin replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is Marcus.

Just to assist - in the photo there are 2 people in a lift - can you describe who is who.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

I am the girl and the boy is someone I was out with but later found out he had a girlfriend

Yes - just watched it again and thought was the case.

In short he has no basis upon which to make a complaint.

You are allowed to post such pictures and you do not require his permission particularly as the photo was taken in public that he clearly posed for and was aware of it being taken.

It also comes down to privacy so if a photo was taken on a hidden camera in say a private setting then you would be crossing the line if it was posted.

However, the photo was in public and taken with his permission so he cannot now disagree after the event.

Therefore the police will have no interest in such a matter - they have much more serious matters to deal with.

Marcus.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thank you , what about the screenshots of the messages from his girlfriend?

Once again that is not a problem. They were sent directly to you so you have every right to publish them as you so wished.

So neither the girlfriend and certainly not the guy would have any address.

Marcus.