Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We were playing tennis at Islington Tennis Centre with my

Hi. We were playing tennis at Islington Tennis Centre with my friends. Suddenly a duty manager of the centre came to our court and told us to leave the court because we are coaching. But, we were not coaching at all and explained so, but she didn't provide specific reason and iterated that we look like coaching and she doesn't have to explain the reason.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No I have not talked to a lawyer I live in UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing. I would like to use the venue again and if it's impossible I want them to refund the annual membership fee.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: One of the staffs said they are recording the video of the court.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I understand only certified coach can do coaching in UK, so we were very careful not to appear like coaching

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 14 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

If you do want legal representation you can get a public access Barrister. They are far cheaper than going to a Solicitor direct. You can get a public access Barrister at: www.clerksroom.com

I hope that my reply helps.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I would like to continue using the venue, refunding is the second option

Sure I understand. oy need to check the contract to or terms to see what it says you can and can not do.

I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Only certified coach can do coaching. But, there is no definition of coaching

Sure. Then you can sue for breach of contract. I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
But, I found that there is following conditions;
In all cases, Our interpretation of the Rules and these terms will take precedence and the decision of Our Manger or his/her nominee is final and must be respected

No, you can sue for breach of contract.

I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** you tell me the rationale for that I can still sue for breach of contract?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi, Jamie. When you have time, could you please check my question above?

Because they are stopping you doing something to which you are entitled to do.

As such they are in breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

I hope that clarifies.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
But they insist the following condition will apply;
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
With this condition, they are saying they can be the rule itself

That does not override the consumer rights act 2015.

No one can override that.

I hope that assists.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
In case we sue for their breach of contract, they have to defend themselves by proving objectively that we broke the their rule?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok. the conditions above is a unfair terms, so this cannot be enforceable?

Tes you can sue for breach of contract by claiming its an unfair term.

I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you so much. This is super helpful.

My pleasure