MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Me and my wife bought a car in finance. After 5 days I ve

Customer Question

Me and my wife bought a car in finance. After 5 days I ve discovered that the gearbox is leaking and between the gearbox and engine as well. What should I do ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Brought the car in audi garage to spot all the faults
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 18 days ago.

Hi. I am happy to help you with your enquiry today.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
What steps can I take against the dealership who sold the car ?

Was your purchase of the car accompanied by a contract? If so, you may check for any provision which may relate to situations about enforcing a warranty.

If there are no provisions in the contract, you are covered by a statutory warranty. If the car develops any faults within the first thirty (30) days of purchase, you may enforce the statutory warranty and you, as the buyer, can make a claim for refund and return the car.

In that case, I advise you to create a complaint letter to send to the car dealer and inform him of the problem you have encountered, and state that you are enforcing a statutory warranty.
Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Please let me know if you have any other questions.