Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I have a problem with my insurance, they do not want to pay

Customer Question

Hello. I have a problem with my insurance, they do not want to pay me compensation for an accident that is not my fault. which took place on July 10. what should I do.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Non
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: every time I call the insurance, the case is pending
Expert:  Joshua replied 10 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

I am very sorry to read of the above and I imagine how frustrating it must be. I will certainly try to clarify the position for you.

May I ask if you have obtained a copy of the policy and are satisfied that your claim is covered under the policy please?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello. I need someone to help me get my insurance money back. I am waiting three months for compensation .
Expert:  Joshua replied 10 days ago.
  1. thank you. Are you able to clarify, are you seeking a return of your policy premiums or payment of a claim against the policy please?
  2. if it is the latter, are you satisfied that the circumstances of your claim are covered by the policy?
  3. If it is the former, what is the basis for your seeking a return of policy premiums?
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 days ago.

I'm following up on the above. Without some further information from you as above, I am limited in what I can say on the matter but in the hope it is helpful nonetheless, I will provide you with the following broad answer. If you are able to kindly provide me with the above further information or if you have any further questions generally, I will be delighted to expand on the following - please just reply back to me in this case:

Notwithstanding the above, in general terms if you are seeking the return of your policy premiums, there is generally little scope for this unless you can demonstrate the policy was mis-sold to you in some way. I will leave that here because I suspect what you are referring to is seeking payment under a claim you have made under the policy.

It can be worth obtaining a copy of the policy itself in order that you can check that your claim is within the terms of the policy in this will put you in a better position if the insurer advises you that they are not liable to pay under the policy and you can check the reasons they give if any against the wording of the policy. Notwithstanding this, if the insurer has either decided against a claim or alternatively, has decided that they will not pay a claim, if you disagree with the decision, you can raise a formal complaint with their complaints department setting out the reasons for your complaint in detail. If you remain unsatisfied on the earlier of eight weeks or therefore response to your complaint, you can escalate the complaint to the financial ombudsman for an independent determination:

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact-us/complain-online

Expert:  Joshua replied 7 days ago.

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 5 days ago.

I trust the above was of assistance and that you do not have any follow up questions for now. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though.

Expert:  Joshua replied 4 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.