How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10329
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

My wife have done a money fraud such as money laundering. I

Customer Question

hi there
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My wife have done a money fraud such as money laundering. I am at the phase of seperation with my wife. The victim of my wife used to come to me and always threatened me to pay back the money which I have ever ever taken from. They asked me to sign a paperwork here in The UK as well from Nepal which I forcefully need to sign it. They are asking me to pay back the money i Nepal. Is there anythig that I can get help from please?
JA: Has she talked to a lawyer about this? What country does she live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: Nepal I don't know where my wife gone and also even I don't know where she ran away. Its been a year that i don't stay with her.
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I am constantly looking for lawyer but have't found. I reported to police i statement and also to my Welfare office.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not even a single penny i got from them. Its a paper as a reference they are asking me to pay for it
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
HI there
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 14 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 14 days ago.

If the actions were taken by your wife and not you then you do not need to give any money back after all you did not receive any to give back. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What if they make me sign a paperwork stating that I need to pay for it. Because they threatened me to sign it and I was mentally weak as well because all stress were going through me and somehow I signed it. There were no witness no one. Now I don’t know which lawyer should I need to go for the help.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is there any specific lawyer I can get help from because if they file a case in Nepal then I cannot win because in Nepal people work under power and I don’t have anyone like that.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 14 days ago.

If you signed then you may be legally held as liable though you could plead duress if they forced you to do this. If you are not in Nepal then it does not matter what they do in Nepal they cannot enforce it outside Nepal. I trust this assists