12826847

I have a dispute with my energy supplier which has reached

Customer Question

I have a dispute with my energy supplier which has reached the point where the ombudsmen service has gotten involved. The dispute is with reference to my energy usage being so high, I mean I used 100 daytime units in 6 days which I cannot explain. The supplier doesn't seem to be bothered about why I am using energy as long as I'm paying for my usage. I was advised my the energy supplier to get the ombudsmen service involved but the seems to be a waste of time as they are not interested in why my usage is so high as long as my supplier(Bulb) are being fair.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: SY5 6DB Shropshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have run a soak test and have had a accuracy test on the meter. I tried to get a smart meter installed to better monitor what is going on but the engineer who came to fit the meter found a problem with the DNO's equipment and was not able to proceed.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The accuracy test was carried out by Siemens but the engineer who came to fit the smart meter Siemens engineer also could not explain who carried out the accuracy test as it was on his patch. Also he mentioned that the problem he found on the DNO's equipment should have been noticed and reported by the engineer who carried out the accuracy test.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 22 days ago.
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
I am a solicitor and I will be reviewing your question.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
ok
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
The DNO who is Western Digital in this area have a 3month turn around on jobs they have to do so that is most of the winter when my heating system is running and therefore my energy usage increases.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
If I was a conspiracy theorist I could easily conclude that this is evidence of an industry wide code of practice to burden there customers which high bills. I mean how many people have been stung in this way?