How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3123
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I have recently moved house on the 9/11/21 and I submitted

Customer Question

I have recently moved house on the 9/11/21 and I submitted my final electric meter reading to SSE, this left me a credit of over £1300, I asked when this would be paid into my account. I was told it would take 5 to 7 working days, this morning I contacted SSE to find out when this would happen only to be told that no one had requested the monies to be transferred and it would now take another 3 to 5 working days can you help please?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in Scotland and have not talked to a lawyer
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Exact what I have mentioned then I contacted you
JA: The Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so, the lady I spoke to today said she had raised a complaint procedure on my behalf but can't see how that will get my money any quicker
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here.

My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.

I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Or, I may be in court. I will however email you with a response before the end of the day.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.

Is it that the payment is to be transferred to your personal bank account?

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

I am sorry to hear what has happened. I truly cannot guarantee a quick fix to this one, as it may take sometime to have the money paid to you if the company is slow in getting this done. However, I will try to guide you as to the best route to take in ensuring you receive payment.

the first step is to ensure all communication with the company is in writing. This is so as to ensure that there is evidence in the event matters needs escalating.

the above being said, you should contact the company and ask for the email address for their complaints department. Upon receipt of this I formation, you should write a formal written complaint to them. In your letter you should set out the amount being claimed is owed to you and ask for the matter to looked into within a 14 day time frame. If after having written you receive no response or the matter is left unresolved you may then consider escalating to the ombudsman for services. Here is their information.

The Ombudsman is a free independent body that is able to assess complaints of this nature. If your complaint is upheld, they may recommend to the company for payment to be made to you within a particular time frame

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.