Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I wil be homeless in JAN 2022 could you please confirm this

Customer Question

i wil be homeless in JAN 2022 could you please confirm this with jenny of norwich council housing i have applied to shelter for acc and expect an answer tomorrow
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: im english
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i just told you
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Joshua replied 9 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

I am very sorry to read of the above and I imagine how frustrating it must be. I will certainly try to clarify the position for you.

1. May I confirm if this is a request that has been made by the council please? i.e. what have they asked you to provide by way of evidence in this respect?
  2. Why do you expect to be made homeless in January?
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 days ago.

I'm following up on the above. Without some further information from you as above, I am limited in what I can say on the matter but in the hope it is helpful nonetheless, I will provide you with the following broad answer. If you are able to kindly provide me with the above further information or if you have any further questions generally, I will be delighted to expand on the following - please just reply back to me in this case:

Notwithstanding the above, in general terms if you presently are living in accommodation under an assured short hold tenancy or something similar, then you should ensure that you do not leave the property voluntarily other than by way of a warrant for bailiffs to attend. If you do, the council can treat you as making yourself voluntarily homeless and reduce your priority on the housing list. If you are in receipt of a court order ordering possession and warrant for bailiffs to attend then you will need to consider providing these to the council as evidence of your future homelessness

Expert:  Joshua replied 6 days ago.

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 5 days ago.

I trust the above was of assistance and that you do not have any follow up questions for now. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though.

Expert:  Joshua replied 4 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.