Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Do you assist with contesting a will and making an

Customer Question

do you assist with contesting a will and making an application as a dependent
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: im in london but the will was made in wales im homeless so location doesnt matter to me
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have asked for a copy of the 2019 will which is vastly different from the 2020 will
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: a power of attorney was taken out and im npot sure whether it was enacted or whether she was ill
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joshua replied 18 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

I am very sorry to read of the above and I imagine how difficult it must be. I will certainly try to clarify the position for you.

this is a legal question and answer information service and is not able to offer full representation. However, I am able to assist with any questions you have in relation to the above or point you in the right direction in terms of appointing representation for example. do you have any questions that you would like to raise in respect of the above?

Expert:  Joshua replied 17 days ago.

I'm following up on the above. Without some further information from you as above, I am limited in what I can say on the matter but in the hope it is helpful nonetheless, I will provide you with the following broad answer. If you are able to kindly provide me with the above further information or if you have any further questions generally, I will be delighted to expand on the following - please just reply back to me in this case:

Notwithstanding the above, in general terms a will can be contested generally on grounds of duress or lack of knowledge and approval of the will. A will can also be contested on the grounds of lack of reasonable financial provision under the inheritance act.

Seeking to challenge a will on the grounds that it was made under duress is rarely attempted as a relatively high level of proof is required in respect of such a claim. Even where you believe this was the case, it is generally better to make a claim on grounds of lack of knowledge and approval on the part of the testator as this is generally easier to prove. Depending upon your relationship to the testator, and timescales, it might be simpler or more appropriate at least to make a claim under the inheritance act on grounds that you have not been provided for adequately under the terms of the will.

Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

I trust the above was of assistance and that you do not have any follow up questions for now. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though.

Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.