Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Rescheduald concert, Temple newsham leeds/ a member if the

Customer Question

Rescheduald concert
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Temple newsham leeds/ a member if the band also rexently died
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted the ticjet seller several times who are refusing a refund stating the followingUnfortunately, not. Easy ticketing has a policy of no refunds or exchanges. The only exception is if the event is cancelled or rescheduled. Please make note of all terms and conditions at time of purchase.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The gig had been rescheduald fri 30th July 2021 to 22 nd July 2022
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

What is your specific query in relation to this please, so that I can best advise?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I woulld like a refund but easytickets are refusing my request
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please leave it with me and I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience. I am pleased to be able to continue helping with your query now. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the situation you have found yourself in.

When you make a purchase, such as the tickets in this case, you agree to follow the terms and conditions of sale which would have been provided to you at the time of purchase. Often, in the case of events, the terms could state that if there has simply been a postponement, rather than a cancellation, no refunds would be issued. They are still providing you with the service which you had paid them for, albeit at a different date. Just because the date has changed does not mean that you would be automatically entitled to a refund and if the terms state that no refunds are issued for rescheduled events, that can be enforceable.

Instead, you would have either had to take additional insurance to cover yourself for such eventualities, or you would have to try and sell the tickets on to recoup at last some of the money paid. Sites such as StubHub offer a fair service to sell your unwanted tickets.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.