How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3778
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I wonder if you can help me - We live in a property which is

Customer Question

Good afternoon I wonder if you can help me - We live in a property which is leasehold they are 3 blocks of flats/houses which are managed by a Management Company. Annually we pay them a fee for various serviecs.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Three weeks ago they appointed 3 directors who are residents on the site without consulting with other residents. Thye have now disrtubed rules and tegulations for the site what we can and cant do nothing major but they have didcted to us what they are.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Is this allowed please.? Can they do this legally.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The feeling with some of the other resident is that we are being watched and its not us that are breaking the rules!
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 19 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Thank you

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
we have not responded at all we live is in South Wales UK , but the majority f the residents are very unhappy
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
no thank you please don't call me I cannot afford to incur any further charges
Expert:  RJM Law replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for the question.  In the first instance. you will require to raise a complaint with the board, you should ask them to produce and supply you with their articles of association,  these will show if they have the right to do this.  If you are not happy with outcome of this process, you can escalate the issue to the property ombudsman, they can independently review the matter and potentially provide. a remedy.   However if this does not work and they cannot provide a remedy, you can, at this point, look at legal action to set out permitters of what they will and will not be allowed. to do.  However, the court action should only be used as a last resort, it is likely the property ombudsman will be able to provide a remedy if you cannot resolve this with the complaints procedure.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.