RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

I have just opened a competition website and advertising on

Customer Question

Hello, I have just opened a competition website and advertising on facebook. It's skill based and offered a free payment route. But they're asked for a written opinion from a qualified outside legal counsel that my game complies.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: United Kingdom
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Terms and conditions vertified by out payment provider trustpayments
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so.
Expert:  RJM Law replied 19 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
our website is www.newmoneycomps.co.uk if needed for reference.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Time is really restricted with this. Please let me know if you can help. Kind regardsJoe
Expert:  RJM Law replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for the question.  This is something I have dealt with extensively however I have to retire for the evening, I will revert to you about his in full detail tomorrow.  Thank you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you. Have a good evening. Joe
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I hope you are well. Is there the possibility of an indication of cost? I need the opinion letter for facebook to let me advertise. Thanks
Joe
Expert:  RJM Law replied 18 days ago.

If you are looking for me to provide a letter this would require being instructed on a professional basis, however we do not offer that service. I would advise however you seek this from the gambling commission, they will not charge for tis and are the relevant legal authority to confirm you are out-with their regulations i.e a skill based website and not gambling (for the sake of the relevant Act).  If for any reason they do not accept this you could look at instructing a local solicitor to review yuor company and provide a letter.  However the GC should be sufficient to confirm this.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

https://www.lawsoc-ni.org/solicitors (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.