Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

Is this free advice? UK - surrey, I was given a parking

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Is this free advice?
JA: The answer cost depends on the issue and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit. Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK - surrey
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I was given a parking ticket for parking on a rented space of mine. There was a clause in the lease which stated I should provide a visable ticket but it fell down my dashboard I wondered would be my best defense
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nope - I can talk to them
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 14 days ago.
Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you.For your information I have had already been given a CCJ as I moved abroad and didn't receive the correspondence. My father did however make me aware of two CCJ letters he received. They are already on my record and I need to apply to have them removed. My lease did say that I need to put the ticket on my car but it slipped down a number of times.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What is my best defense considering I can prove I had a lease for this property and can prove so
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for your patience. I am very sorry to hear about this. The most important thing for now would be to consider making an application to the court to set aside a CCJ. You will need to show the court why you did not receive the claim when it was issued. You will need to show to the court that you can successfully defend the claim, or that there is another reason why the CCJ should be set aside. It is definitely worth trying as you did have a permit, and although technically you did not comply with the terms of parking, it was outside of your control that the permit fell.

To start the process just google the N244 form and complete it and send to the court.

Let me know if you have any questions. I will be happy to help.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you sir. Having dealt with this before. Do you think a judge would rule in my favour? As I had exclusive right to the space, but it does say in the lease I should display a ticket?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
As you say it was out of my control..
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 12 days ago.

It is really hard to say. However, there is a chance that you can be successful.