How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3778
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I need to know a particular insurance policy is legally

Customer Question

I need to know a particular insurance policy is legally correct.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am not the policy holder so the insurance co will probably not discuss with myself. property is Merseyside UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Have details of the policy with Aviva.Brief discussion with solicitor suggests “Landlord” insurance inappropriate for circumstance.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am an interested party living in the middle appartment ( of three).
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 18 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Thank you

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  RJM Law replied 16 days ago.

If you are living in one of the apartments then landlord insurance is probably not the way forward.  What I would do is ask exactly what is required and provide this to the insurance company, if they do not have a specific police for what you are looking for then one can simply be created.  However, you are correct that if this insurance policy you are privy to, the insurance company will be prohibited from discussing this with you under the General Data Protection Regulations.  However if the other party who holds the policy are happy to, they can provide you with a copy for review.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The comment was slightly helpful but misunderstood the problem.
Either I shd have been clearer OR mor ? Asked from the professional