How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10332
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

My credit card bank reported my account with Q to credit

Customer Question

My credit card bank reported my account with Q mark to credit agency by error for last 2 years , I’ve been refused for basic credits etc until I called them and found out why , so they corrected after all however my credit score was ruined for this period of time , how much I can ask as a compensation
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: contacted credit agency they confirmed in writing it was effecting My credit score so I contacted bank they accepted their liability and offered 100£
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What the maximum amount I can ask as a compensation for this error if I log the complaint with ombudsman
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 14 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 14 days ago.

For something of this nature £1000 would be a reasonable amount. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can you provide me with something more substantial/legislation that I can provide the ombudsman with to support the £1000 you have suggested?
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 14 days ago.

I am sorry I cannot cite legislation this is based on my experience. In any event, the whole point of the ombudsman is you do not need to cite chapter and verse at them they are there for members of the public such as yourself. I trust this assists