james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Is a barristers opinion presented in a specific format?

Customer Question

Hi. Is a barristers opinion presented in a specific format?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Taken for what??????
JA: The Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Can a barristers and solicitors conference call result in an email "opinion"
Expert:  james bruce replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Barristers and solicitors often have conferences, either in person with or without the client to discuss the case, or indeed by phone.

Theses meeting would or could indeed be followed up by written "opinion" from counsel regarding the case being dealt with.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Expert:  james bruce replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
34;you mention would or could"
Must the opinion be in writing and signed?

The opinion would normally be in writing but does not have to be signed.