SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I am arranging to move from our jointly owned house into

Customer Question

I am arranging to move from our jointly owned house into retirement housing. My wife says she will continue to live here. can I force a sale or can she be required to buy out my share of our home?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have drafted some direct questions to her and will be requested written responses as so far she has been very evasive
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: not properly as they are often inot available
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: our relationship has deteriorated andis stressful
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 19 days ago.
Good day welcome to justanswer.
I am a solicitor and I will be reviewing your question.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Thank you for your patience. Buying out is optional but one can offer and she may accept. From your circumstances she has to want to accept the offer. If she denies then you can make an application of  force sale, it is  a part 8 claim using form N208.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message and I will be more than happy to assist you further. All the best.

Thank you for getting in touch with Just Answer.