SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I am going through court at the moment on a historical

Customer Question

I am going through court at the moment on a historical sexual assault by a priest as he is old and can’t make court its a judge only case and will not be found guilty or not guilty but can be put on sexual offenders list. witnesses are in the double figures.can i sue the church in a civil case.
JA: The Lawyer can help you determine if you have a case. Where are you located? These laws vary by location.
Customer: i am in Australia but i am giving testimony on video link today. The priest is in liverpool the case is being held in Edinburgh sheriff court as the primary school was in Edinburgh
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: yes his victims are in the double figures.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 17 days ago.
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
I am a solicitor and I will be reviewing your question.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
thank you

Thank you for your patience, I'm sorry this happened.  If you have strong evidence of what happened then Yes you can take the matter to civil action against the church, despite what the criminal court finds on the Priest. I suggest you engage a solicitor / barrister as  it is not easy to value your claim.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message and I will be more than happy to assist you further. All the best.