plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

Do i qualify for legal aid. Pension Credit age 70 Disabled,

Customer Question

Do i qualify for legal aid. Pension Credit age 70 Disabled
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Somerset
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My x wife is alleging that i fraudulently completed form E 13 years ago
Expert:  plclegal replied 21 days ago.

Good morning.

My name is ***** ***** I specialise in family law. I’m happy to assist you today and I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information.

I'll do my best to resolve this for you, please give me time to review your question and I will revert back to you shortly.

Please bear in mind though that this is an email service and not live chat and therefore I may not respond immediately.

Expert:  plclegal replied 21 days ago.

You can use the link here to check to see if you will qualify for legal aid:

https://www.gov.uk/check-legal-aid

I have to be honest and say that it's not often granted for family financial matters specifically relating to divorce, but you can go through the application process to see if there is a chance you may qualify.

There are pro bono (free of charge) lawyers who could assist you. You can try these firms for legal representation (they are a charity who connect you to pro bono lawyers) :

LawWorks.co.uk

or

www.nationalprobonocentre.org.uk/finding-legal-help/

Here is another: https://www.lawcentres.org.uk

And there is this one for advocacy (to represent you at a hearing) :

Advocate: https://weareadvocate.org.uk/

I hope that this assists?

Expert:  plclegal replied 20 days ago.

I didn't hear from you, but I trust that the information provided was of assistance.

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

Expert:  plclegal replied 19 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter