Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I took a 30 day free trial of what I thought was Google

I took a 30 day free trial of what I thought was Google Sketchup but turned out to be iGrandDesigner (Trimble). This is no use to me and I wish to cancel the subscription before I get charged. However I cannot find how to. do this the site is completely obscure. I'd appreciate your assistance.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Problem cancelling 30 day free trial iGranddesigner
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Effectively none as unable to find the place to login
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Actually I asked the question under the tech adviser tab

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

May I confirm this is an app that you installed from the Apple appstore please?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No the app sprang upon my screen when I searched for Google Sketchup. This software is iGrandDesigner and the parent company is Trimble. I completed their login for a 30 day free trial thinking I could cancel. My question is how do I get out of it and cancel the free trial as I can't figure it out (I'm an old guy). 30 days is 3 December.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for suggesting a telephone connection. At this stage please continue with text. Thanks
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello are you there? We seem to have lost contact?
  1. Thank you. So to be clear was this through the Appstore or was it a pop up online?
  2. Did you provide them with your debit or credit card?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
1. I thought it was in the Appstore but can't find it there now. 2. No credit/debit card given

thank you. My apologies for the delay in reverting to you-I have been a long meeting this afternoon.

Without knowing the source of the pop-up you clicked it is difficult or impossible to know what terms were agreed to. If no credit or debit card was given, then I cannot see how they would be able to charge you anything though of course if you gave your name and address, they may seek to subsequently contact you demanding payment. If no name and address was given either, then I do not really see how they can make a claim against you in any circumstances as they would not know who you are.

That said, if you can find the app developer of the app in question by conducting a Google search, you should be able to find a support page or github page or something similar maintained by the developer which contains some form of contact email address. If you can, then you can consider sending the developer an email advising your wish to cancel the free trial that you signed up to and keep a record of that email in your sent items

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you very much. I'll proceed as you suggest . Best wishes, John Ambler

I'm glad the above answers all your questions for now. If you have any follow up questions please revert to me.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.