How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15409
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I attempted to request additional help from the original

Customer Question

Hello,I attempted to request additional help from the original item, but I am not sure the system is updating correctly.I would like to enquire with the solicitor I spoke regarding an update since our phone conversation 2 days ago.I have been sent another letter via email, with photographs this time (showing the minor laceration) and a healed laceration mark. The contents of what was submitted via a portal is now in a letter format, but still shows item irrelevant to the accident (employer negligence and occupiers liability act), and additionally references items such as the claimant's CRU details. Which as I understand it these relate to a DWP claim regarding wages. Given the claimant is a child I don't understand the relevance.I am presented again to either accept or deny liability for the matter. And if I deny liability provide a number of details about the dog in question (breed, amount paid, photo, medical history, known reported incidents against myself and any known aggressive behaviour about my dog).Do I press upon the fact they haven't used the correct County Claim form? and are using irrelevant and incorrect items? They have also ignored my letter asking for clarification/corrections and the request for clarification of the claim. Or do I answer back with all the details they are requesting of me. Note, they have not yet quantified the claim and there are NO details as to what the remedies being sought are, or the basis upon which these remedies are claimed. They have also put in the letter that they are free to include additional allegations in the future.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (LGPPG27)
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 9 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 9 days ago.

A CRU certificate is required in every personal injury case. The claimant is a child but they will be assisted with the claim by their parent who is a litigation friend. The CRU certificate is either nil or it has a sum - if the claimant recovers money the insurer or compensator repays DWP from the compensation.
You do need to reply to the letter of claim. If you do not then S&G will issue court proceedings against you. If you deny liability you need to say why and if there are any documents in your possession relevant to the claim you need to send those. If you admit liability then the issue of quantum will be the next step, i.e. how much to offer the claimant. The claimant being a child means the case may take longer as any damages agreed has to be agreed by the court too. If there is a laceration then they will claim for scarring.
I am not sure why you reference a county claim form - as proceedings have yet to be issued at court unless I am mistaken.
My view is that you do not reply with a liability decision yet. You should reply to them to say you will have a lawyer respond to them - a personal injury claim is very complex, more so when they involve a child. It would be in your interests to ask a law firm to defend the claim for you - you could do it yourself but in my experience you need a lawyer involved.
Here are a few choices for you :

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 9 days ago.

I hope this answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please do let me know.

Many thanks,

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 9 days ago.

Just a final note that I am free most days and would be happy to assist with any other queries you may have.

Best wishes,


Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Jim, Thank you. The solicitor whom I spoke with earlier on this from Just Answer stated a County Claim form should be used, and not the original form sent to me which looked like a form on the online portal. I will reach out to those you mentioned.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** of those law firms will be able to help