How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3778
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

My universal credit claim which we applied for a year ago ..

Customer Question

My universal credit claim which we applied for a year ago .. have not received any payments or a response from my message Whalen they say they will call me ... I am in debt with rent and council tax as some weeks only got 85 pound they did last week and said someone would call back and help me but no one has done so I am just being ignored I have all the messages on my phone
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 18 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Thank you

Expert:  RJM Law replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for the question.  If you are entitled to this payment then you can claim it all back from when you were approved.  If you are unable to do this yourself, you should enlist the help of the citizens advice bureau as they are free and have benefit advisors who will be able to assist, if their failure to act has cost you money you can ask to be compensated for this also.  However, it may well be the case you are entitled to more benefits than you are aware.   The difficulty is that you require to apply for specific benefits to the DWP and wait for the application etc.  However, the best thing to do is drop into your local citizens advice bureau (CAB).  They can go through your personal and financial position in detail and enter these details into what is referred to as the QBC system.  This system will calculate what benefits you are entitled to and how much.  The system will also do the entire calculation without contacting the DWP so no other benefits would be affected in doing this calculation.  Furthermore, if you are rejected initially for any such benefits, the CAB can help you with the mandatory reconsider (appeal) of the refusal.  If this is still rejected but it is believed you have a claim, the CAB can also provide you with representation should you require to go to a tribunal for the matter.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.