Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

My 85 cousin bought a washing machine 10 days ago and has

My 85 cousin bought a washing machine 10 days ago and has been using it, unfortunately she doesn't like the max spin speed it don't get the cloths dry enough, can she swap it for another machine with a higher spin speed?
JA: Where is she? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sidcup kent but machine bought in Orpington uk
JA: What steps has she taken so far?
Customer: None just complained to me
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She had bought a much dearer machine that did not fit in the recess. Curry's did change it for this current one which is £300.00 cheaper

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Was the washing machine purchased online?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No, in store
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No thank you I don't want phone call

Unless the terms and condition permits you to change then its unlikely you can swap the washing machine based on the fact the washing machine does not dry the clothes to your desired level.

That said if the reason the clothes are not dry enough is due to fault in the washing machine then you can exercise your rights under the Consumer Rights Act, which permits you to replace the washing machine.

I hope i have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your answer

Your welcome

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Very clear and concise answer

Thanks and have a good night.