SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

What care are parents expected to provide under the care act

Customer Question

what care are parents expected to provide under the care act once the child becomes an adult but still livin with them under the care act 2014
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Blackburn in Lancashire
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: as assesment has been done which ocnfirms that disability is severe and she needs constant care - but only willing to provide a certain amount of care as they want parents to provide anything above hte hours they are willing to provide - I work and already provide care to 2 disabled children (both over 18) after 7pm when I can and through the night if they need it - but they are not providing care unitl that time every day only 3 hours per day for 3 days of the week and half day for another day
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Sorry Can I please check is there a fee for this service or is it free?
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 8 days ago.
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
I am a solicitor and I will be reviewing your question.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Are you able to answer the question please?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I dont want to call - Please answer the questions please
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is anyone actually there to answer my questions - or is this just a scam like the trust pilot reviews are suggestinng?
Please do not stress as the call is an automatic premium service, if you did not accept it then you will not be charged. No this is not a scam.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Why do I keep being pushed the call service at £44 - I have had this 3 times now - I just need the answers back in writing via this messages service
I am finishing off with another case, rest assured i will be reviewing your question today.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I think this is a computer replying with standard replies - your service offers answers within minutes - been waiting over half an hour now
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Why would you be assigned to me but you are dealing with someone else?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I will wait another few minutes and then raise a chargeback on my card and leave an appropriate rating of 1 on trust pilot
Thank you for your patience, Just answer experts are equally humans as such we also function the same as yourself. Please bear with us. Our aim is to give you the best service all things equal.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Thank you very much for your patience. So clearly what is the issue is that the assessment has identified that your children need less hours funded by the local authority than you believe is necessary. That assessment is what you need to ask to be reviewed and as you have two other children who demand your time too the outcome should be fairer to you to give you some respite. There is no set hours that you should provide for your child but the carer's assessment must be thorough and must ensure that it covers what you wish  and your well being too and to ensure that the  child's well being is not compromised by giving less funding for care than is actually needed.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message and I will be more than happy to guide you further. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
They have identified that she needs the care as she is unable to to stuff her self and is at risk left at home on her own. We already provide care for her at night and evening from 6-30 but they expect us to provide more care in the day too so they don’t have to provide them hours. I assessed require 71 hours per week. They said they only willing to provide 58 but jabe acknowledge she needs someone with her all the time but expect us to fulfil the remanded hours between 58 and 71 in addition to the care we already provide in the evening after 6-30 and at night

You do not have to provide more than the hours that you can given your other commitments. You well being and that of your other 2 children is also crucial and you must appeal that decision.