james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have a membership in your company. In this moment I need

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have a membership in your company. In this moment I need urgent advice link to my job role. I work as a senior care assistant which means that I’m responsible for the health condition of clients during my shift. I’m agency staff who regularly 4 times per week work on same care home - Alexandra Court in Hull who is already in trouble with CQC because mistakes in providing of medication, rulebreaking, generally putting clients in a danger. I was sent to support them in this situation. As the situation in care home are very bad they still do a lot of severe mistakes. Based on my duties I reported the to the management to be able to sort them out. Unfortunately, they prefer to modified documentation instead of fixing the problems. My main responsibility is to take care about wellbeing and safety of clients and of course to cover myself to don’t be accused from mistakes mainly when they were caused by someone else. Any report should be fully confidential but this rule is also violate on this place. As staff who were reported for their mistakes could not reach me via my duties they started manipulate clients. I cannot logically protect myself against to it. In this moment I’m on the shift and the situation graduated so badly that I was intimidate by the client with full capacity that she will put me in a problem and will complain me for everything even late providing of medication which was caused by calling ambulance as other client started to collapse. Could you please advise me what is the best to do in this moment and how I should act after my shift, please? The situation was traumatized for me, it creates real problems to take care and responsibility for this client who has very good relationship with me before she was manipulated with staff and also my right for confidentiality was crossed
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk, Hull
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: in this moment i have to write incident form and fill in all personal documentation about this incident. In the morning i can talk to manager who is actually responsible for this situation
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: just that this place is under the supervision of CQC and they are fully aware that i have prove about their’s tries to modified medication etc

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

I would advice that you prepare a fully detailed report as to what has happened during your shift and give that the the management, keeping a copy for yourself.

Clearly if you were dealing with an emergency you cannot be dealing with another patient. You can only be in one place at one time.

If you have evidence of wrong doing at the care home then you should report hat to the CQC so as to protect yourself. You cannot get into trouble for whistle blowing.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

It may also be advisable to speak to your agency and see about being relocated to a new placement where you do not have to put up with this type of issue at work.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I sent one more question, have you received it please

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

No, I have not seen the question, is does not appear to be linked here.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok. I’ll prepare the report as you advised me but I’m not ready to leave this place as it is too beneficial for this place and mainly it’s discrediting my reputation of nurse. So i would like to know in this moment of there is some authority who protects rights about the confidentiality when you report some event. Because the client knew that this report was made officially so they had to react on it. And also if there is some specific authority who look after following hygiene rules on this places. Thank you for your advice

The information commissioners office deal with breaches of data protection.

https://ico.org.uk/

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks i already sent the question as I can see this time. If it’s possible to answer it would be very helpful. Thank you

have you seen my reply