Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Can you help me to take a mosque committee chairman to court

Can you help me to take a mosque committee chairman to court for unfairly and unconstitutional action of cancelling my membership?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

This is a privately owned mosque presumably?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am not sure
Crawley Mosque
Crawley W. Sussex
RH11 9SE
Crawleymosque.com
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please check it on charity commission uk website

Yes it is a mosque held in a trust, so in essence they can exclude anyone they like for any reason as long as it is not based on discrimination on a protected characteristic such as race and even then there are some exceptions e.g. they can discriminate on religious grounds. Therefore, you would have no basis for legal action. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I received assistance from another fellow Muslim to finalise data for election in 2017
They cancelled my membership because they accused me of data leak.

I understand, as I said, they can cancel it if they wish to provided this is not based on discrimination related to a protected characteristic which it is not so there is no basis for a legal challenge. I trust this clarifies

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Happy to assist