JeremyT1020
JeremyT1020,
Experience:  Expert
110498620

If I am named on a will do I need legal assistance ,,my

Customer Question

If I am named on a will do I need legal assistance ,,my brother and sister are executors
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: They live in Moreton wirral
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I HAVNT she has not told me how much estate nor given me a copy of the will
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Are they legally bound to discuss mums estate ,,she died 12 October and I only have verbal conversation
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 13 days ago.
Good morning and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in family matters and contentious wills and probate so I'd be delighted to offer some guidance.I CANNOT take a call at this moment in time but I'm happy to continue messaging. If you need to speak to somebody urgently, please let me know and I will opt out of this question and allow another expert to call you.You only have a right to see the will once the Grant of Probate is issued and becomes a public document. In practice, however, this is rare and most beneficiaries are told straightaway about any inheritance they've been left. Furthermore, if you asked to see the Will before the Grant of Probate had been issued, it’s unlikely you wouldn’t be allowed to.That said, if your brother and sister are playing strictly by the rules, I suspect it may be a little while before before you could see the Will as they'll be sorting out the Grant of Probate.Kind regards, J
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
They need a grant of probate even though they have less than 28000 to sort and no property
You will need probate in most cases to deal with an estate. Sometimes, it can be dealt with if there are just cash assets, however, there may be bills/debts to pa and your brother/sister will need to deal with these first.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My pleasure - I'm genuinely glad to have helped. Please let me know if you need any further assistance. Otherwise, thank you for your question and for using Just Answer. Kind regards, J