Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I applied for a new job online and they requested I take the

Hello there
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I applied for a new job online and they requested I take the online psychological assessment. It was only for a shop job. They declined to take my application further based on this assessment. I think I came out as too decisive! They advised they're going to keep my assessment for 12 months. I do not consent to this. I don't believe there were any terms or conditions to agree to this.bi won't be applying there again. Am I allowed by law to request they delete my details?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Essex UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have emailed twice requesting they delete it and advise me accordingly. It's only been two days butvI thought I'd know where I stand before I press more.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think that's it thank you

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

What reason have they provided for wanting to keep your assessment? and have you actually asked them to delete it?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
They advised that they keep it in case I applied for other positions and I have advised that I won't be applying for any further positions with their company and that they delete it

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please leave it with me and I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. First of all, I am sorry to hear about this situation and any associated issues.

The results of the assessment would amount to personal data under data protection regulations.

The GDPR, the flagship law dealing with data protection, providers data subjects (that is you), with certain rights. One of these is the right to erasure, or the right to be forgotten:

https://gdpr-info.eu/art-17-gdpr/

“The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:

the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;”

Your argument here is that once the application process has completed, it is no longer relevant and as you won’t be applying again, they will no longer be needing that information to be stored.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you very much. This is excellent. Apologies for the delay.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I agree for the £44 to be taken off my debit card

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this, please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be happy to help. All the best