How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 30014
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

I am 47 years old, my home has been left in my mother's

Customer Question

I am 47 years old, my home has been left in my mother's will, who died last May. I suffer with scheremanns disease, so I am unable to work, I have no income, my boyfriend kindly moved in with me, to help with the bills, shopping etc, I don't have any income, where can I find help?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Kingswood Bristol (South Gloucestershire)
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have applied to pip three times, appealed against their decision, I have tried to sign on, they won't help, said I can live off my partners wage
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

I am very sorry to read of the above. I will certainly try to clarify the position for you.

May I confirm what you mean when you refer to your home having been left in your mother's will please? Do you mean left to you or somebody else?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Left to myself
Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.
  1. thank you. Do I understand correctly that you are having difficulty in terms of applying the benefits in part because of the capital in the property?
  2. you mention you have appealed the PiP decisions in the past? was this only to the point of requesting a mandatory review or did you appeal to a tribunal?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
A mandatory review
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Just a mandatory review
Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.

thank you. If you consider that the basis for the refusal is incorrect, you may need to consider raising an appeal with the first-tier tribunal-social entitlement chamber. This is a specialist form of court which will consider your initial application and your submissions in support of that and weigh that against the PiP rules to make a determination as regards ***** ***** outcome was correctly decided. Depending upon when you made your last request for a mandatory review, you may be out of time in respect of raising an appeal as appeals generally need to be raised within one month following the date of the decision. If you are out of time, then you may need to consider making a new application and if denied, following the above appeals process again.

Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

I trust the above was of assistance and that you do not have any follow up questions for now. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though.

Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.