Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I live at 3 Wortley Road, Wootton under Edge, Gloucester and

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** live at***** Wootton under Edge, Gloucester and I have a problem with the car insurance company. I had a small accident on 21 October 2021 I was driving a LWB Mercedes Sprinter white colour after that day the van is steel on the recovery yard, and every time I called they promised me to move the van the next day, never happened. I don't know what to do about this situation, Thank you.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I called all most every day the insurance company
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Joshua replied 12 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

I am very sorry to read of the above and I imagine how frustrating it must be. I will certainly try to clarify the position for you.

are you able to kindly clarify what occurred here please? do I understand correctly that you changed vehicle and asked the insurance company to change your details on your policy but they did not do so?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No, I had a small accident and the van is in a recovery company site, is steel there, the insurance company( Insurance Revolution) with Lance Broker (are the Broker Company) they just don't want to move the van on Mercedes Garage for repair.
Expert:  Joshua replied 12 days ago.

thank you. Has the insurance company accepted your claim in relation to the van?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  Joshua replied 12 days ago.

thank you. Based upon what you say, the insurer may be in breach of its obligations to you in failing to provide an expeditious resolution to your claim. You can consider raising a complaint in respect of the insurance company to their complaints department. They have an obligation to respond to you within a maximum period of eight weeks they will typically do so much sooner. If you remain unsatisfied on the earlier of therefore response or eight weeks, you can escalate your complaint to the financial ombudsman and claim the claim costs themselves together with compensation.

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumers/how-to-complain

if you need a solution more urgently than this, you can consider writing to the insurance company and advising that you require a resolution to this otherwise you will have little option but to collect the van and deal with repairs yourself and then make a claim against the insurance company for the cost

Expert:  Joshua replied 11 days ago.

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 10 days ago.

I trust the above was of assistance and that you do not have any follow up questions for now. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though.

Expert:  Joshua replied 9 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.