SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I had 2 or 3 Liability Orders granted against me in my

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I had 2 or 3 Liability Orders granted against me in my absence and without my knowledge. The most recent was in 2020 How can I appeal them?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: scarborough
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None. I had a hearing today. The council was seeking permission to sell my house to get the money granted by the orders. The judge explained all this to me and adjourned the case until January
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: noCustomer: Chat is completed
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 13 days ago.
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
It is my pleasure to be assisting you today. I may ask for further information in order to determine a legal position.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No. Please send your response here.
Noted, I may not respond immediately as i will be concluding another case, please bear with me. I will respond once done rest assured today.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay. Thanks.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi. I haven’t received an answer to my question.

Thank you very much for your patience. IF you were not there but they were served on the correct property then the battle is not easy. This is because the council would have served on the address and against the correct person. Any appeal is normally to be filed within 21 days. Now if there are compelling and exceptional reasons why the letters of claim in the first instance and default notices and lastly the liability orders could not be attended to eg hospitalised or prevented by covid lockdowns to travel then you can make an application to court requesting permission to appeal out of time.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message, I am more than happy to guide you further or clarify anything. All the best.