Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Would like some information on my daughters qualifications

Customer Question

Would like some information on my daughters qualifications that she was mis informed by her school for a child care qualifications that now dose not count,she would have gone to college instead of stay on at school, but the school said the course would be the same. She now has to pay for the qualifications due to her age I would like to know if we decided to take it further with the school ie help with the cost of her having to do the course again Thank you
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in Hatfield Hertfordshire
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: We have not taken any steps at the moment but due to the qualifications not standing the nursery she works for are dropping her money to non qualified staff.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The nursery is putting her in for level 5 childcare but she will have to pay part of, she apparently got her level 2and 3 but the government are saying the certificate does not count the school should have put them in for a diploma the school was Onslow st. Audrey's School Hatfield.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

So this is school so free courses equivalent to A-Level i.e. 16-18 years old?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
but she was told with the children care course she would be able to walk into a job as qualified to work with children but due to her going for level 5 she has now been told she is unqualified .

I see the issue would be this is a school so there is no legal contract and therefore no breach which could be relied on legally to bring legal action. Furthermore, she would have been expected to do her own research to ensure the course meets her needs. I am sorry I cannot see a basis for legal action. Take care

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok thank you

Happy to help, take care