Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have sent a letter special delivery (has been signed for)

Customer Question

I have sent a letter special delivery (has been signed for) requesting overdue payment of£152.82 within 15 working days. Request has been ignored and i wish to escalate the request for payment. Should I proceed by way of requesting a CCJ and if so can you suggest the webbsite I should use to do this?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hornchurch Essex
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have sent a letter special delivery (has been signed for) requesting overdue payment of£152.82 within 15 working days. Request has been ignored and i wish to escalate the request for payment. Should I proceed by way of requesting a CCJ and if so can you suggest the website I should use to do this?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

What is the debt for? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I was wondering if you have had a chance to consider my query above please? I will need your response before I provide an accurate answer to your situation. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
the claim is to an auction house that owes the sale proceeds for items it has sold for us
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
no continue chat please
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Thank you very much for clarifying. First of all, I am sorry to hear about this situation and any associated issues.

If you wanted to proceed with a formal claim in the Small Claims Court you can do so online by visiting https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Doing so will initiate the formal claims process and you will get a court pack in the post to complete the next steps and serve the claim on to the respondent.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
TY for your help bye
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this, please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be happy to help. All the best