SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

Ok i need a solicitor to serve notice of possession to my

Customer Question

Ok i need a solicitor to serve notice of possession to my tenant asap
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England, London, we spoke earlier but i did not go ahead with my card details as i worry about giving those details on line
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: emails, whatsapp and calls. She is a council tenant and the council have advised me to serve this notice
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Hello, how are you today?

My name is ***** ***** I am going to see if I can assist you with your query. Let me just read your first post. I may need to ask you additional questions after I have read your initial post.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Just Answer is a question and answer website - the experts here cannot take your case on, but we can give advice and guidance on what you can do in relation to your legal issue.

Do you want help to find a solicitor in your area? If yes, please give me your postcode.

Or do you want to know which notice to serve on your tenant yourself? If yes, please let me know whether the tenant has breached the tenancy agreement, e.g. in rent arrears, or whether you simply want your property back?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
the tenant has repeatedly breached her agreement by not paying the full rent amount as per then agreement. Her arrears are over a £2000. Although I looked at the Section 8 notice, I am advised that in order to make sure i do it correctly i should get a solicitor involved.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Yes, it is always wisest to use a solicitor when serving notice. It is important to ensure that you use the correct notice and grounds. E.g. £2k is high arrears, but if it is not two months worth of rent, then a s8, ground 8 claim, isn't going to get the tenant moving any quicker than a s21.

You can find a solicitor here: solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk

All the solicitors on the above database as regulated solicitors, you search via your postcode and for 'housing' or 'property' solicitors.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

You can also read more about the process of serving notice yourself, at the following link, which includes both s8 and s21 notices, with links to the relevant forms.

Possession claims can be done online too at www.possessionclaim.gov.uk

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

I am not available for calls, but have given you a full answer above.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
But I paid £44!!
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Please refund my money now
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
You have taken £44 unlawfully then because the payment was for a call
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Customer services will be delighted to assist you with a refund if you do not receive a call. You can reach customer services from your membership page.

The call request is open to all other experts, so someone else may pick it up. Calls are entirely separate to the online assistance.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you with regards ***** ***** responses above?

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Thank you so much for using JA and allowing me to answer your query for you. If you have further questions about my responses above, please do feel free to ask them in this thread.

If you have questions on different topics, you can open a new thread and mark it for my attention by putting FORCustomerONLY in the subject heading, or choosing me as your preferred expert from your membership page.

All the best!