How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15450
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

A got a criminal injuries payment a few years ago when I was

This answer was rated:

Hi a got a criminal injuries payment a few years ago when I was attact and raped now I want to put in for the second part a need the reference number how do I get this
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Glasgow
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None a don't know how
JA: The Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not really just want to be able to put in for the second part and is this private

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Sorry to hear that and you will need to contact the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) to ask them for the reference number.

They will have the details if you call them - if you have any paperwork regarding the previous award, the reference number will be on there. If you used a solicitor it should be on their correspondence.
If not then you would need to call the CICA - they can be reached here: telephone 0300(###) ###-####or go to this link :
As to your question of whether this is private, Just Answer is an internet forum - so it is not private but the site moderators will react / delete any personally identifiable information.
If you need to speak to them, customer services can be contacted either by email (*****@******.***) or here:

I hope this answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please do let me know.

Many thanks,

Just a final note that I am free most days and would be happy to assist with any other queries you may have.

Best wishes,


Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can you please let me know an estimated time for you to get back to me thanks
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Cancel that phone call request am not paying for that call
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Make sure you cancelled the call back

Hi, thanks however I don't deal with customer service issues or the calls - I will ask them to cancel it for you, thanks

customer services can be contacted either by email (*****@******.***) or here:

JimLawyer and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don't want this call and I want you to stop messaging me plz

Thanks, ***** *****'t deal with billing or membership issues but I will ask customer services to action this request for you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
A diddent ask for a call at all stop contacting me about anything

Thanks, ***** ***** asked the to deal with your request.
Have a good evening

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don't want your services at all leave me alone and don't want you to go in to my bank account and I am record ING these messages a don't need your services

Thanks, ***** ***** customer services will cancel it for you.