How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3778
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

My bank told me to get in touch, My bank advised me to get

Customer Question

My bank told me to get in touch
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My bank advised me to get in touch problem ordered some gummie bear 1 packet Healtyling wellness firm took £198 out of my bank how i found outget message from bank saying inservioned funds but they let them take it out staight away
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Refused the package phoned Hermes for return label but would not phoned them 3 times email 4 times nbut got no replie got the parcel back so posted it and had it back 3 times the firm has changedtheir name twice more ithe worrie is making me ill im 80 yrs old and just on statse pension
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I leave in seaham County Durham SR7 8LS
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 17 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Thank you

Expert:  RJM Law replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for the question.  Depending on who is liable in this matter i.e the bank, Hermes or the seller, you could potently take action to recover your losses.  In the first instance you will want to try and resolve this yourself or with the relevant ombudsman, however if that fails you could look at a small claims action to recofer any losses. or enforce an action.

Prior to intimating small claim proceedings, you will require to send a letter to the respondent.  It is a simple letter stating that if they do remedy the matter as you have outlined (in the same letter), you will take legal action against them.  This is referred to as a. pre-action protocol letter.  You can complete the forms for a claims action easily online.  You will have to highlight what the issues are and tell them how much you are claiming for, to be honest the first are straight forward and self-explanatory.   If you feel you can do this yourself then you don’t really need to hire a solicitor, but I will provide details for you in case you feel you want to.  You will then receive a response to the claim and a court date.  On the day (unless they offer a settlement) you will appear at the local court and basically provide your evidence and give you claim to the judge, and they will response.  The judge will assess the merits of the claim and defence and make a judgement this should be relatively easy for you to prove so the respondent may well offer a settlement in the meantime.

I hope this information has helped.  You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is here;

If you require any help moving forward on this matter in the future, please do feel free to come back to us and I would be more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards.