Patrick;Lawyer
Patrick;Lawyer,
Experience:  Expert
114275491

I moved in a place and after one night realised that I t

Customer Question

Hi I moved in a place and after one night realised that I don t feel good because the room has no window and there is no ventilation.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I paid for 2 months, is it possible to get the money back and how?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: in london
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: moved yesterday, paid 2 month didn t sign contract yet
Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 12 days ago.

Hello there and thank you for choosing to use our service. I am an experienced litigation solicitor specialising in pragmatic risk management. I will return to you as quickly as I can to provide my top level summary / RSVP and practical guidance if appropriate.  Can I see a screen shot of any proposed correspondence with the landlord in relation to this matter and how did you inspect the property before paying for it?  Finally - how was payment made please?  Regards

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
payment made by bank transfer
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (755LQ4V)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
this conversation for viewing the place
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I went to the property entered the room, seemed fine, but when sleeping realised the I don t feel conformable having no ventilation and the smell it irritates me.

Ask your landlord can you receive a contract and report your dissatisfaction in writing ASAP.  Regards

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
if they make a contract for 6 months, I report the dissatisfaction and after can I receive the summ back?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
end the contract?

Possibly.  Do you have any alternative place to live for the next two monetise?  Why was no contract provided or asked for originally?  Regards

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
if I ask for contract they will make, but I don t like the room after sleeping there and would want a refund, legally is it possible?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can rent other place in next period
Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 11 days ago.

Best course of action for now is to ask for a contract and then compare it to the benefit you are getting from the rental. Let me know how you get on.  Rr

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi, the other tenant have bedbugs bites, marks on the ski, they told him to resolve the problem since 2 weeks ago.
I saw a bedbug in my room too and I moved out, told him is not suitable for me the place, I didn t sleep at night because of this.
I don t have a contract, but I told him to keep £100 and return the rest of £800, what action can I take if he refuse to give back?

As long as you have requested the 800 via email / in writing you must await the answer.  You could advise him if he refuses that you have consulted with a lawyer and will be proceeding to the small claims court.  Have you sent him pictures etc?  Regards

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
sent him a picture with the bug
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
the other tenants are little afraid of him and the landlord told them not to tell me about the bugs

You need an answer.  Maybe tell him you need an answer in 3 days otherwise you are booked to see a lawyer?  Regards

ps - you have to apply the pressure by way of evidence of how bad the room has turned out to be.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
they have everything in writting

Keep it professional, keep safe and keep everything on email.  I will be happy to hear more when you get a response.  Regards

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK, thank you, ***** ***** up to date.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I sent the message that I m expecting an answer until tomorrow, otherwise I ll book
a lawyer.
Waiting for his answer.

Good idea.  It is up to you to get a straight answer from the landlord based on the evidence.  Good luck.  Regards

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
up to date, I didn t find a place to stay and I had to come to stay the night here again, unfortunately.
The landlord said that he will talk with his lawyer too, and that he want to make me pay for 11 months (we don t have a contract).
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
How much is the commission for a case when recovering deposit, rent?
Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 10 days ago.

Please do and keep safe.  Regards

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi, if I want to proceed with solici

He is saying that probably to try and force you to agreement.  You need to keep everything in writing now and try and to avoid any unnecessary verbal discussions with LL at this stage.  You also need to focus on finding alternatives.  Regards ***** *****

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
proceed with solicitor
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
if I want to proceed with solicitor what are the costs?

Too hard to estimate but at least 200/300 for a consultation and some early letters or advice.  Maybe more if it gets complicated.  Consult with a direct access barrister in your areas for additional details on pricing etc.  Regards

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
is it better to raise this directly at the city Council?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
by my self?
Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 9 days ago.

Raising this by letter with the local authority / council is a good idea.  However, before doing this you may wish to tell the landlord that you are doing so as this ,ay also help exert some pressure.  Regards

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Pleasure.  Regards