How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15403
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I ordered from a shop undercooked chicken and is very

Customer Question

I ordered from a shop undercooked chicken and is very dangerous for my life
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Romford
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: No one
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I just ordered some chicken and when I arrive home I saw the chicken is undercooked and the problems is I already eat from it
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now. I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

Sorry to hear of the issue. I am not sure if you have suffered food poisoning or not?. If not, the most you could expect is a refund from the seller. If you did suffer from food poisoning then a law firm could be instructed to pursue an injury claim if you had to seek medical treatment (it would be considered to be serious food poisoning if you had to seek treatment).
If you have suffered an injury please let me know and I will give you a list of no win no fee law firms you could speak to.
You may also want to report the seller to Trading Standards - who could find and prosecute the seller if they sell food which is undercooked, etc. You can reach Trading Standards here:

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

I hope this answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please do let me know.

Many thanks,


Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

Just a final note that I am free most days and would be happy to assist with any other queries you may have.

Best wishes,