Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

My neighbour has abandoned a car that does not look

Customer Question

Hi My neighbour has abandoned a car that does not look roadworthy on our mutual right of way which I cannot use. Her husband is not well and she is very uncooperative. Does not answer door or phone calls. I have written to her but she has not taken any action though she has read the letter. Can I file for an injuction my self. I don’t know whether the car is in her name or her husband’s.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Kettering Northamptonshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Written to her and asked a neighbour to mediate.Both unsuccessful.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I can think of unless the Lawyer raises other matters.
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 8 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

It appears you have a nuisance parking cause of action given this action interfers with the peaceful of your property.

Do you understand what I have stated so far? If yes I will proceed.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Before you consider court injuction, you can contact the local council as they can step in to assit you with this aspect.

Assuming this does not assit I suggest you consider instructing a local solicitor to assist you with a potential nuisance cause of action against the neighbour.

You can find one using the link below.

https://www.thelawsuperstore.co.uk/

I hope I have clarified the position.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe