How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6000
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I need a lawyer, None, Its a about marriage

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I need a lawyer
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Dublin
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Its a about marriage
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My wife and i dont longer live together.
We get separated.
The thing is,Im European and she is from Brazil.
Our marriage didnt work out very good,anyway she still needs me because of visa so she can stay here.we live separate for 3 months now and we did had some arguments in past,She kicked me from apartment and then she asked me to help her with her papers about visa on immigration.
When i refuse she went crazy and i didnt want any problems so i went there with her. And now after 3 months she send a garda to me with court papers something about domestic violence and safety order...
I need some advice
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
I am a solicitor and I will be reviewing your question.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I may not respond immediately , please bear with me. I will respond once done rest assured.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
How long do I need to wait??
Thank you for your patience. I am very sorry to hear of your situation. You should really not have gone along with supporting her visa if you are separated because that is an immigration offence. You can report to the immigration service that you are no longer together and that you had hoped to get back together but it’s not going to happen. They will then consider not granting her the visa.
With the domestic abuse notice it will say what you need to do to respond. If you know there hasn’t been any violence or abuse then you defend the action. She may be doing it to get her visa application expedited.
Any follow up please do not hesitate to send me your message. I am always glad to assist further if needed. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks for reply
So i need to go to immigration and tell everything.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
with court papers
It's saying that i need to appear on court in april next year
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
But she did this after I helped her with visa.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
now she need to go there again and when she realized that i dont want to help she did this
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I mean we had arguments when we was together,im not perfect..
And when i was moving out I said i need to change my address because i would have problems in future and every time i said that she threatened that she gonna kill her self so i just didnt want any problems and i didn't change nothing
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Because if i change adress that would mean that we are not legally together and she couldn't stay here
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
can u please tell me whats the best thing i do now
And why she did this with court and domestic violence thing when we dont live together for 3 months now.
I blocked her on whats up
I dont call her nothing.
And yesterday garda bring me these papers,Its like i can go to jail but i ust want to move on.
I don't want any problems.
How can I report her
She would have started this case because there is a visa for victims of domestic violence so she is just trying to get leave to remain .
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What should I do?
You will need to defend the case, you are likely to then be sent another letter with a date to appear in court or report to a police station and there you will give your statement. You can also contact immigration to advise she is trying to claim violence in order to get a visa and you do not support her application.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
its saying I need to appear to the court in April.
So I just wait for that date and defend it then?
Hi, yes you do. If you feel out of your depths with it you want to try and find a lawyer to represent you.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can I go to garda station before court and say she did something illegal, to report her..

Of course you can.

SolicitorRM and 7 other Law Specialists are ready to help you