Patrick;Lawyer
Patrick;Lawyer,
Experience:  Expert
114275491

I made an enquiry to a UK storage company, requesting a

Hi, I made an enquiry to a UK storage company, requesting a quote for storage for a minimum of two months, interim storage while I moved out of my London house, and to my France home. A quote was sent, I signed it, and moved my items in. I then collected them 2 months later for removal to France as planned and was told that I still had 10 months left to pay as I had signed a one year contract. I was showed the contract, and indeed in the tiny print it said it was for one year - and I had unwittingly signed this. My bad. But, I have the email trails showing that I requested a quote for 2 months. I have tried to resolve this amicably with the storage company, and spoke to a senior advisor who said that yes, he could see that I asked for 2 months and he 'couldn't work out why I was sent a contract for one year'. But since then, silence and they just keep sending me invoices for the outstanding months 'still due'. Do I have any recourse?

Hello there and thank you for choosing to use our service. I am an experienced litigation solicitor specialising in pragmatic risk management. I will return to you as quickly as I can to provide my top level summary / RSVP and practical guidance if appropriate. Regards

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Patrick yes please!

Good morning - I would particularise your case with reference to all evidence which will be significant emails and role phone calls.  Inform the company that you have been keen to resolve this on an amicable basis but you will now be seeking relief through the small claims court - presuming your dispute his sub 10K?  You should be able to navigate this system yourself and the court fee is a proportion of your losses at the time of action.  Hope this assists.  Let me know your thoughts and keep me posted.  Keep everything on email now and be as explicit as possible in this final communication to the company.  Regards