Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

My dog was attacked by another dog and my vet bills are

Customer Question

My dog was attacked by another dog and my vet bills are exceeding 3000. Is the owner of the other dog legally obliged to pay? They have admitted full responsibility
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Bristol
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contact details of the dog owner
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: They do not have insurance to cover third party vet bills
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 10 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.

Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.

Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

I am sorry to hear about this. I hope your dog is getting better. If the owner of the other dog has admitted full liability then yes, they are legally obliged to pay the vet fees.

I hope this helps. Feel free to get back to me with anything esle. I will help to the extent I can.