Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

I have circa 45k of credit card/loan debt that is 7 years

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have circa 45k of credit card/loan debt that is 7 years old now. I'm never going to pay it off, I don't and probably won't earn enough money to, What options o I have please? Regrds Clive
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have been in a debt scheme for over 6 years, paying each creditor £5 per month
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: in what espect? respect
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 11 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.

Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.

Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

I am sorry to hear about this. You have a few options to consider: bankruptcy, debt management plan, debt relive order and IVA. The problem we have here is that lawyers cannot advise on finances. Have you tried contacting Citizens Advice?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have circa 45k of credit card/loan debt that is 7 years old now. I'm never going to pay it off, I don't and probably won't earn enough money to, What options o I have please? Regards
Clive

Have you spoken to a debt advisor yet?

I reccomend contacting: https://nationaldebtline.org/

Feel free to ask me any other questions. I will help to the extent I can.