Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My ex partner wants to travel with my daughter to Romania

Customer Question

Hello! My ex partner wants to travel with my daughter to Romania for Christmas. And I do not agree that in the actual situation regarding Covid in Romania and also the fact that a lot of countries are going in lockdown again. She is saying that she is leaving anyway. What I can do?
JA: Has your ex partner talked to a lawyer about this? What country does your ex partner live in?
Customer: No, she didn t. She is here in UK
JA: What steps has your ex partner taken so far?
Customer: 3 years ago I gave her a declaration that she can travel for holiday with my daughter. But this year we changed the passport of the little one because expired.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: But now UK is not in EU anymore so she will need a declaration from me for every single travel
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 12 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you very much for your help! Take your time.

You need to apply for a specific issue order. A ‘specific issue order’ is used to look at a specific question about how the child is being brought up in this case to stop them being taken out of the country. Follow these steps to apply for a court order:

1) Read guidance CB001 on making an application: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/family-court-applications-that-involve-children-cb1

2) Fill in the C100 court form found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-c100-application-under-the-children-act-1989-for-a-child-arrangements-prohibited-steps-specific-issue-section-8-order-or-to-vary-or-discharge

3) Send the original form and 3 copies of it to the nearest court that deals with cases involving children, you can find the nearest court here: https://courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/search/

It costs £215 to apply for a court order. You may be able to get help with court fees if you’re on benefits or a low income and you can find out more here: https://www.gov.uk/get-help-with-court-fees

I trust this assists

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I applied for C100 because she doesn t want to let me spend time with our daughter. On 15th of February we will have process

Yes that is for a child arrangement order, this is for a specific issue order they are different even though they use the same form. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If she is leaving with my daughter without me agreeing this. What can I do
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
but I do not have time for this. Will take a while until they proces my enquire

I just said what you can do, apply for the specific issue order. A specific issue order is quick you can get a hearing within days. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If she is still leaving can I let police know? What will happen then
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What is specific issue order?

You can tell the police but they will not do anything. I have told you above what a specific issue order is please try to read what I have said. As I said "A ‘specific issue order’ is used to look at a specific question about how the child is being brought up in this case to stop them being taken out of the country. " In this case it would be an order that your ex not remove your daughter from the country. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have to pay for that again right

Yes. I trust this assists