How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 81084
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am very worried about the mental health of my daughter due

This answer was rated:

I am very worried about the mental health of my daughter due to the behaviours of my wife (separated. But still living in the same home). I want to remove her to my sisters abode if possible.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: No. The incident that happened last night between her and her partner (who also lives in same house) resulted in my wife deliberately bringing her into the middle of a intense argument to, as my wife put it - to protect her from her partner, who she claimed was getting violent towards her. When I came home into the middle of this, my daughter was absolutely distraught, in tears. I immediately tried to get her out of the situation as calmly as possible to protect her.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Buckinghamshire- I just want to remove her from this but I am very worried that my wife will involve the police to claim I was abducting my daughter. Where do I stand on this?
JA: The Family Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Its a Saturday. Where can I get that legal support right now?

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Jo C. and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
How do i get my daughter to a safe place? In these circumstances? If the mother objects?