How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5873
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

Singh, i am in the uk, i think i am talking to a robot, how

This answer was rated:

hello my name is ***** *****
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i am in the uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i think i am talking to a robot
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Lawyer more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: how to remove consodial sentance from your record after 7 yeatrs]
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

What was the offence committed, when was it committed?

Unfortunately, without the additional information requested in my first/previous response, I will not be able to give you detailed advice to your question, but I will be able to give you a general answer, which I hope will be of assistance. If you are able to supply the additional information later, please do so and I will then come back to you with a more detailed answer.

The entry on the police record (PNC) will remain until you are 100.

Any entry on the DBS record will be filtered off the record after 11 years, depending on the actual offence. There are many offences that do not get filtered off and will remain indefinitely.

I have attached a list of offence that do not get filtered off.

I hope this assists with your question.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

james bruce and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for your reply ,
i pleaded guilty for a vat fraud in 1989, i was sentenced for 21 months imprisonment. i served 6 months in prison then i was let out on parole.
since then i have never broken the law and have been working with charities to give my services to the community. in the last few months one of the charities wanted to do a dbs check ,it was then i was made aware that the offence was still showing on my record.
can you please advise if this can be removed from my record since the offence took over 30 years ago .
Jit singh
Customer: replied 9 days ago.