SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I want to buy a small piece of land at the bottom of my

Customer Question

I want to buy a small piece of land at the bottom of my garden
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: 37ft x 14ft from my neighbour - who is agreeable to sell it to me for £2000.00 What would the legal fees be please?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am in Danbury, Chelmsford, Essex.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have agreed the price with the neighbour plus I told her that I would pay her legal fees. So no cost to her as she is an old lady. Do we need 2 solicitors to do this work?
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 15 days ago.
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
I am a solicitor and I will be reviewing your question.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I want to buy a small piece of land at the bottom of my garden. I am in Danbury, Chelmsford, Essex.
Thank you for your patience. If your neighbour definitely owns the strip of land and has shown you evidence then nothing stops you from buying it. The plan will have to be drafted and contract of sake drafted in writing, you cannot just do it verbally and pass on money. Once you have paid you will want to file new amended title plan to the land registry so you property shows its boundary to include the strip of land,

Any follow up please don’t hesitate to send your message. We are always glad to clarify or assist anything. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best.