SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have a friend who is not giving me my money back who I

I have a friend who is not giving me my money back who I have lent him
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I’m in Wiltshire Swindon now I live in Marlborough
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: told my bank who told me to go to the police who told me to contact yourself
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: well iv lent him over £2000 and right now I have about £30 in my bank account which won’t see me out until the end of the month which is when I get paid
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
I am a solicitor and It is my pleasure to be assisting you today. I may ask for further information in order to determine a legal position.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
I may not respond immediately as i will be concluding another case, please bear with me. I will respond once done rest assured today.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok thank you I feel terrible as I don’t think I’ll receive the money back and he is constantly contacting me saying he needs more
Thank you for taking the call. He seems to be giving you empty threats and you just need to not give into them. He can’t afford to give you what he owes now so giving him More will not guarantee payment, it’s not logical. You send the letter before action to the address that you know now and if he moves he will need to inform the court himself not you. Once the 14 days notice end you file your claim on line on moneyclaimsonline website. All the best.