How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5953
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I have a friend who is not giving me my money back who I

This answer was rated:

I have a friend who is not giving me my money back who I have lent him
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I’m in Wiltshire Swindon now I live in Marlborough
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: told my bank who told me to go to the police who told me to contact yourself
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: well iv lent him over £2000 and right now I have about £30 in my bank account which won’t see me out until the end of the month which is when I get paid
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
I am a solicitor and It is my pleasure to be assisting you today. I may ask for further information in order to determine a legal position.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
I may not respond immediately as i will be concluding another case, please bear with me. I will respond once done rest assured today.
SolicitorRM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok thank you I feel terrible as I don’t think I’ll receive the money back and he is constantly contacting me saying he needs more
Thank you for taking the call. He seems to be giving you empty threats and you just need to not give into them. He can’t afford to give you what he owes now so giving him More will not guarantee payment, it’s not logical. You send the letter before action to the address that you know now and if he moves he will need to inform the court himself not you. Once the 14 days notice end you file your claim on line on moneyclaimsonline website. All the best.